We are a highly rated Salon|Spa with an amazing team of professionals offering hair, hair coloring, hair extensions, nails, makeup and bridal services. The company also owns a state of the art Medical Spa facility ( avissaskin.com ) next to the salon offering Aesthetic Laser and Skincare treatments.
We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to all our guests and a creative sanctuary where you can make your passion a lucrative career.
If you are a hard-working, creative, positive person looking for a career in a thriving, relaxed, and very fun salon, we’d love to hear from you.
STYLISTS & BARBERS
- Competitive commission based on experience, skill set and following clientele
- Minimum guaranteed pay for 90 days
- Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
- No back-bar fees
- At-cost laser and aesthetic treatments at Avissa Skin+Body
- Current Michigan Cosmetology License
- Extensive work experience in a salon or spa is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective sales techniques and retailing experience is a plus
- Mature, reliable and dedicated
- Adhere to a high professional standards (Appearance, Language & etc.)
- Practice highest standard of sanitation, neatness and visual presentation
- Be able to multi-task
- Actively build clientele by having repeat requests and referrals
- Adhere to work schedule
- Participate in marketing and special events
- Assist on retail floor, provide consultations and answer inquiries
Looking for a recent graduate for stylist assistant position who is eager to be a career hairstylist, is passionate about the beauty industry and is open to coaching and mentoring. Must have a positive attitude.
This position comes with the opportunity to learn hair cutting, coloring, and styling techniques, as well as the opportunity to build your own clientele as you grow.
- Assist owner with blow-drying, shampooing and color applications.
- Assist owner with their daily salon activities.
- Assist in preparing clients for services.
- Sweeping the salon floor and general cleaning to maintain the salon’s appearance.
- Assist in greeting clients, offering beverages, ensuring clients are comfortable with a happy demeanor.
- State of Michigan cosmetology license
- Be trainable with a strong desire for pursuing continuing education
- Attend all salon classes and one on one coaching
- Be prompt, dependable and reliable
Check out @avissasalon most recent Instagram posts!