- Avoid tanning 2 WEEKS prior to your appointment. DO NOT come to your appointment with a sunburn on your forehead or flaring skin around your eyebrows.
- If you get your eyebrows waxed or threaded get them shaped 3 DAYS prior to your appointment.
- The area to be treated must be free of any active acne, cold sore, pimples or infection.
- Botox should not be performed 3 WEEKS before the procedure
- No chemical peels 60 DAYS prior the procedure
- Clients MUST STOP taking blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 HOURS prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- DO NOT drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you must wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid sun and tanning bed exposure for 30 DAYS BEFORE and AFTER your procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR PROCEDURE:
During your first treatment we start by spending time measuring, designing and drawing your perfect brow shape. We will discuss your desired color and I will custom blend the perfect pigment for you. Once we are happy with the above, we then start to microblade this pigment through the brow. Microblading is not painless but it is bearable (most people compare it to eyebrow shaping) and we use a topical anaesthetic to help you feel comfortable. *Clients will find it more painful if treatment is performed during your monthly cycle.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE:
Immediately after your treatment, the skin around your brows may be slightly pink. However this will disappear in a couple of hours. Your brows will be darker during the first few days but they will start to fade thereafter. Your brows will fade up to 50% after your first treatment and they also shrink up to 15%. This is perfectly normal and you should expect this to happen. Your color and shape will be rectified and made semi permanent in your second treatment. Brows will form a slight scab as they heal but nothing unsightly so you needn’t worry about becoming a hermit during your healing process!
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products and treatments must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.